1/3 Photos of Curried Pea Soup
This soup is delicious, although some kids may balk at the color. We can't get enough of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add 1 onion and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add curry and stir 30 seconds.
- 4Add 4 cups broth and peas and bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer until peas are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Puree in blender in batches.
- 8Thin with more broth if desired.
- 9Mix yogurt, cilantro and red onion in small bowl.
- 10Cover; chill up to 2 hours.
- 11Rewarm soup, stirring often.
- 12Serve with dollop of yogurt mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: