Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy recipe, great for get togethers..I ususally have most the ingredients on hand. You can use low fat mayo and half the almonds to lower the fat, but to go too skimpy on the almonds...they really help make the dish! Increase curry powder to taste. I received this from a coworker in Texas years ago and have made it ever since.
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, diced finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 ounces blue diamond smokehouse almonds, crushed
- Briefly rinse frozen peas under water to thaw slightly. While peas sit,
- mix all ingredients except almonds. Allow to sit at least 30 min for flavors to meld.
- Before serving, add crushed almonds. Mix some almonds in peas, sprinkle some on top.
- Store in covered container.
Really enjoyed this salad. Made as written; however, next time I will add more curry powder (1/2 - 1 tsp.) as the 1/4 tsp was not distinct enough. Even though the smokehouse almonds are heavily salted, you really need to add salt and pepper to this dish. Thanks for the post.