Recipe by Shuzbud
This is a lovely, flavourful but light dish that can be easily adapted for a diet with low fat ingredients. You can't get crushed pineapple where I live so I use pineapple chunks and chop them very finely. Cooking time includes half an hour of chill time.
Top Review by swissms
We enjoyed this very much for lunch yesterday. Lovely combination of flavors. I searched high and low for Korma paste but couldn't find it in any of my local stores but did find Tikka paste so I used that instead. I also substituted sour cream for the mayonnaise (personal preference) and used chopped fresh peaches in place of the dried apricots. This is a nice change of pace from traditional pasta salads. Made for PRMR.
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry fusilli
- cooking spray (could use butter)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons korma paste
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (I use extra light)
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (reserve the juice)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped (200 grams)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package (if you like, continue with step 2 while the pasta cooks). When cooked, drain thoroughly and rinse under cold running water until the pasta has cooled. Drain and put in a large serving bowl.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray or melt a little butter if you prefer. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the korma paste and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the apricots, tomato paste and water and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Stir together the mayonnaise and mango chutney in a bowl until blended. Drain the crushed pineapple, adding 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice to the mayonnaise mixture. (If using pineapple chunks, chop them finely now).
- Stir the pineapple, mayonnaise mixture, onions with korma paste and cooked chicken pieces into the pasta in the serving bowl. Toss together to coat the pasta.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- Serve cold and enjoy!