1/3 Photos of Curried Pasta Salad With Chicken
This is a lovely, flavourful but light dish that can be easily adapted for a diet with low fat ingredients. You can't get crushed pineapple where I live so I use pineapple chunks and chop them very finely. Cooking time includes half an hour of chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups dry fusilli
- cooking spray (could use butter)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons korma paste
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise (I use extra light)
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (reserve the juice)
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped (200 grams)
- 1Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package (if you like, continue with step 2 while the pasta cooks). When cooked, drain thoroughly and rinse under cold running water until the pasta has cooled. Drain and put in a large serving bowl.
- 2Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray or melt a little butter if you prefer. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- 3Add the korma paste and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- 4Stir in the apricots, tomato paste and water and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 5Stir together the mayonnaise and mango chutney in a bowl until blended. Drain the crushed pineapple, adding 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice to the mayonnaise mixture. (If using pineapple chunks, chop them finely now).
- 6Stir the pineapple, mayonnaise mixture, onions with korma paste and cooked chicken pieces into the pasta in the serving bowl. Toss together to coat the pasta.
- 7Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- 8Serve cold and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pasta Salad With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 571.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: