Recipe by ClareVH
This recipe came from a Family Circle publication "Quick and Easy Meals-Jan 1979". I have listed the ingredients as published but the amount of curry dressing given in the recipe makes the salad a little too creamy for my taste. I usually add about 2/3 of it to the salad and save the rest to use as a sauce for other things. It is very good with omelets or chicken tenders. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package small shell pasta
- 1⁄3 cup bottled vinaigrette dressing
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 cup slivered red onion
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 -3 teaspoon curry powder, to taste (I use Spice Islands)
- shredded iceberg lettuce (for serving) (optional)
- paprika (for serving) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Pour into a large bowl (see note) and toss with vinagrette dressing.
- Add apple, cucumber and onion and mix well.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and curry powder in a small bowl.
- Add to other ingredients and mix gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours to chill and blend flavors.
- To serve, line a glass salad bowl with lettuce and spoon salad on top.
- I like to garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
- *Note:if you mix in a plastic bowl, the curry powder may stain it.