1/2 Photos of Curried Parsnip Soup
This recipe elevates the lowly parsnip into something special--a lovely Fall soup. Although not necessary, you can enrich this soup by adding some light cream just before reheating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a large pan until the butter has melted.
- 2Add the onion, parsnips,apple and garlic and sauté stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables have softened, but not colored.
- 3Add the garam masala and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- 4Sprinkle in the flour, mixing well, and cook, stirring constantly for an additional 30 seconds.
- 5Stir in the stock and lemon rind and juice, then bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, being careful not to splash the hot soup.
- 8Heat the soup through until piping hot.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 32.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: