Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
so tasty and so easy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup corn oil
- in a pot melt butter with olive oil.
- add onion, saute until softened.
- add curry powder, stir.
- add stock, and parsnips, bring to boil.
- reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- with an immersion blender whip soup into a puree (or pour into blender and puree in batches).
- with an apple peeler, peel into long strips, reserve.
- shred the apple and add to soup, add in yogurt.
- in a saute pan, heat oil.
- add apple peels, cook until crisp and browned, 1 minute.
- remove to paper towels, top with salt.
- pour soup into bowls, garnish with apple peels.
If you like parsnips you will like this soup! The sweet parsnips combine very well with the curry flavor and the addition of the the apple peels was lovely. I served the soup with a dollop of sour cream...yum!!