- 1 lb parsnip, chopped
- 1 lb carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 14 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated if possible
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine parsnips, carrots, onion, celery, pear, vegetable stock and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered for 25 - 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in evaporated milk, curry powder, pepper and nutmeg.
- Puree in blender until smooth.