Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
*** Can be frozen up to 4 months ***
Make and share this Curried Parsnip and Pear Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb parsnip, chopped
- 1 lb carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 14 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated if possible
- In a saucepan, combine parsnips, carrots, onion, celery, pear, vegetable stock and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered for 25 - 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in evaporated milk, curry powder, pepper and nutmeg.
- Puree in blender until smooth.
Yum! Mine could have done with another pear, and in the end I stirred some sour cream through (I think I was a bit heavy handed with the nutmeg), but otherwise lovely and super easy!