Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't have any O.J. to accompany your scrambled tofu? No problem: potatoes, eaten with the skins on, are a great source of vitamin C. Pan-fried potatoes are a great side dish for any breakfast entree. So eat your spuds! Serve with baked beans and toast.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry paste
- olive oil
- 3 -6 medium potatoes, chopped
- pepper (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, add the onionsm garlic, mustard seeds, and curry paste to a splash of olive oil and saute on medium heat until mixed well and onions are translucent.
- Add the potatoes and fry, flipping occasionally, until the potatoes are soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I agree with wizkid, they were very good but needed some more spice. I also added a bit more oil throughout as my garlic was burning. I would wait until a little later to throw the garlic in next time. I think some hot chiles or cayenne would spice this up a bit more for my tastes.
These were quite good, they did need a little zesting up. Next time I will add a fresh deseeded chillie and a tsp of finely diced root ginger, and fry it with the onion.