1/1 Photo of Curried Oven Steamed Fish
Random Rachel's Note:
I love steamed fish, but my husband doesn't. This is the only way that I can get him to eat fish that isn't fried or raw. :-) The curry flavor is not spicy, and helps tone down the "fishiness" of the fish. If you can use fresh spices, the flavor will be better. This recipe is inspired by my favorite curry recipe. For the ZWT6 Wild card challenge No Nonsense Nibblers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 thin talapia fillets (or any light, white fish)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- 1 dash cardamom
- 1 dash chili pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (or tomato paste)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1You can use frozen or defrosted fish fillets. I usually use the frozen fillets, because it is simpler. Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together the corriander, cumin, tumeric, ginger, dry mustard, cinnamon, cloves, and chili pepper. Mix well. For a spicier flavor add more chili powder.
- 3Stir the softened butter and ketchup into the curry mix, to make a paste.
- 4Lay out three pieces of tinfoil, large enough to wrap each fillet inches Lay a fillet on each piece of foil.
- 5Spread each fillet with the curry butter paste. Wrap each fillet with the foil, so that they are in sealed packets.
- 6Bake for 15-25 minutes until fish is white and flaky. Baking time depends on the starting temperature of your fish and the size of each fillet. A palm sized defrosted fillet will be done in 15 minutes, a larger frozen fillet will take 25 minutes.
- 7Serve over brown rice, pouring the baking juices from the pouch over the rice, and then setting the fish on top.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Oven Steamed Fish
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.9
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 241.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: