Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Family Circle inspired recipe. Great for Holiday gift giving.
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cansof lightly salted mixed nuts
- 6 ounces dried apricots (cut in half)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries or 1⁄2 cup any other dried fruits
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon rind, to taste
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime rind, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine salt,paprika, cayenne pepper, curry powder, brown sugar and egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Add nuts, apricots and rinds to mixture, and mix everything together until well coated.
- Spread it out onto jelly roll pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Make sure you turn nuts and fruit over every 10 minutes.
- Set aside and cool completely.
- Then add in raisins and other dried fruits.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.