Recipe by Pinay0618
I'm not a vegetarian, but I do enjoy tofu and will always order it in a restaurant if it's an option (which unfortunately only happens when I'm visiting family "in the big city"!). I think I'm finally brave enough to start cooking it at home, and this recipe from Cooking Light has got me salivating :)
Top Review by tmkurth
This is really good. I made the curry paste from Recipe #39109, and used a LOT more than 1 teaspoon since the homemade curry paste is not as strong as the store bought. I used broccoli instead of the cabbage; might've taken a little longer to cook, but I think the recipe is flexible on this point because this curry sauce would be good on many different vegetables.
- 170.09 g uncooked rice sticks
- 236.59 ml light coconut milk
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 22.18 ml bottled ground fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml bottled minced garlic
- 4.92 ml green curry paste
- 2.46 ml salt
- cooking spray
- 349.54 g package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, strips
- 946.36 ml shredded napa cabbage
- 236.59 ml chopped green onion
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Add hot water to cover; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, curry paste, and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove tofu from pan; keep warm.
- Add bell pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add cabbage; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in noodles, coconut milk mixture, and tofu; cook 2 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in green onions and cilantro.