Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
I have made this myself from Cuisine at Home Magazine and enjoyed it. Garam masala is an Indian spice mixture found in specialty stores.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow new potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup peas, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweat potatoes, onion, and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and spices; saute for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, milk, and sugar; bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; stir occasionally.
- Stir in peas and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with plain yogurt and/or chopped fresh cilantro, if you wish.