Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe makes a very tender, flavourful roast and the leftovers are great for a roast beef sandwich. I found that the roast was ready to carve after 8 hours but use your own judgment as all crock pots are not the same.
Top Review by Aldeth
This was delicious and so easy. I used fresh thyme, and only two potatoes as my slow cooker is kind of small and the roast was a little bigger than the recipe called for. My husband skimmed the fat before making the gravy, which was so flavorful and yummy. This is not a typical "curry" dish, the spice simply balances out the other flavors in a wonderful and interesting way. It took about 20 minutes to throw it all together and I let it cook for about 7 hours on low.
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 lbs beef eye round
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the vegetables in the slow cooker and add the stock.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, curry powder, thyme and oregano and spread over the roast.
- Place on top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are very tender.
- Remove the meat to the cutting board and slice thinly.
- Scoop out the vegetables using a slotted spoon onto a platter and top with the meat.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour the juices into a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and flour to form a smooth paste and pour into the juices.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with or pour over the meat and vegetables.