Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sounds a bit strange I know but tastes great - from a 2004 edition of Australian table
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup mild curry paste
- 500 g chopped mushrooms, -i use a mix of different types
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup water
- 2 big tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cream, I use lite cream
- Heat oil in big pot.
- Cook leek and garlic for 6 minutes till leek is tender.
- Add curry paste and cook 2 more minutes till fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream.
- Season to taste and add chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve with rice and pappadams.
Oh I really liked this dish. I used pre-sliced button mushrooms and really enjoyed it great side dish. I could make a meal of just this dish!. Made for ZWT8 and The Wild Bunch.
Didn't sound strange to me at all, and I loved this! I had baby bellas to use for this, but I can imagine how wonderful a vast variety of mushroom types would be! I went wild and used real cream. Fabulous. Thanx!
Sounded decidedly odd but lovely and tasty especially with garlic bread !!!!!!!!!!!!!