Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rosie Daley's cookbook "In The Kitchen With Rosie, Oprah's Favorite Recipes"
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dried oysters
- 1 cup morel
- 1 cup porcini mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped leeks, white part only
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups chopped fresh portabella mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- Pour the boiling water, the oysters and dried mushrooms in a bowl and set aside to soak.
- preheat a heavy stockpot over medium heat for about 1 minute, then spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- add the leeks and saute for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until translucent.
- add the flour and curry powder.
- stir with a wooden spoon until the leeks are well coated.
- add the milk and bouillon cube.
- raise the heat to high and cook just until bubbles begin to form around the edge.
- lower the heat to low and whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- stir in the fresh mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- meanwhile remove the reconstituted mushrooms from their soaking liquid, strain, squeeze out excess moisture, and roughly chop.
- add to the stockpot and cook for 1 minute more.
- stir in the sherry.
I also found this recipe in the Rosie Daley cookbook. It is really good. It has alot of different mushrooms and just the right amount of curry.