Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick easy recipe start to finish 30 minutes. You may also make ahead reheating just before dinner. If you prefer substiture Beef, pork or lamb for the chicken . The condiments make this dish very attractive to serve. I use the entire package of Glico making the curry medium hot but test as you add the cubes I tend to like spice.. It does look a bit like a Sundae with all the condiments on it. There ae many other condiments that you can serve - raisins, chopped apple, fresh peach etc..Serve with whole wheat Chapatis or whole wheat tortillas. I usually allow 2 per person.. Cook more rice than suggested if you are serving to large appetites
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked, kept warm
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb minced chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces cake of glico hot curry (Japanese Curry cakes)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup mango chutney or 1 cup other favorite chutney
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, coarse, unsweetened (optional)
- 2 chapati (optional) or 2 whole wheat tortillas, per person (optional)
- Boil your rice and keep warm.
- In a large fry pan saute the onion & garlic for apprx 3 minutes.
- Add minced chicken/turkey and stir breaking up any lumps, cook over medium heat until the meat is is lightly browned 10 minutes.
- Pour in the broth & Water.
- Break up the curry cake into separate cubes, add 3, allow to melt, taste and add more if you like it a bit hotter.
- Stir & simmer apprx 5 minutes or until the curry has thickened.
- Warm your tortillas/chapatties wrapped in foil and into a 350 oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile get your condiments ready and place each in a separate bowls. Mix the tomato & onion together if you wish.
- Place a serving of rice in a bowl top with curry add condiments. You may do this before serving at the table or let each person add their own condiments at the table.