Recipe by UmmAzhar
This is a regular pasta dinner in my household,and has always been.. even before I got married.Easy to make and scrumptious to eat....
Top Review by stormylee
Lovely, spicy dish! My big goof was that I skimped on the salt and had to sprinkle on a whole lot more once this was on my plate, but I'll remember it next time - I think this dish requires quite a generous dose of salt as there is so much pasta. Which brings me to my next point: 500 g pasta but just 3 servings? This made more like 5 for us - although I can totally see how one could overindulge on this dish! :-) Mind you, I used pasta shells instead of macaroni, so I'm not sure if I somehow got a larger volume of pasta, so to speak. My dish was nowhere near as saucy as in SG's picture - I think I'll use less pasta the next time so I get more of the curry sauce, which was delish! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 (500 g) packet pasta shells (macaroni)
- 250 g ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 250 ml yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or any other)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a deep pan and heat the 1& 1/2 tbsps oil.
- Add chopped onions and fry till transclucent.
- lower the flame to medium heat and add the garam masala powder and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the lamb mince and fry till no longer pink and water has dried up.
- Keep breaking the lumps to ensure the meat is lump free.
- Now add the Ginger-garlic paste ,chilli powder and salt and fry for another minute.
- Add the yogurt and cook for 2-3 minutes,stirring now and then to get a uniform mixture.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes,green chillies,lime juice and the chopped coriander,and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let cook on low flame for 15 mins,till you can see some oil on the top of the curry.
- Cook the pasta as per instructions (a little under done).
- Mix the pasta in the curry and let cook on the lowest flame for a further 5-10 minutes.
- The entire dish should be saucy-- Garnish with a few coriander leaves.
- I usually serve it with some yogurt chutney.
- The yogurt might break up due to the heat,so please don't worry about it.It is just a process,that will make the curry,taste tangy rather than creamy.
- I wanted to add a few sugesstions to this recipe after reading the reviews -- the oil can be reduced if your mince is fatty,this is just an estimate,so go by your judgement -- as for the tomatoes,i usually add tin when fresh is not available,and personally i feel it doesnot alter the taste -- .