Recipe by I'mPat
From Super Food Ideas and their meatball feature. Timing is only for the meatballs and based on cooking in 2 batches. If you wish to make it OAMC double or treble meatball mix and then seal what you don't cook in a zip lock back, expelling air and freeze for up to 3 months (don't forget to label with date etc), defrost in fridge before proceeding with cooking.
Top Review by katew
These were fantabulous, absolutely !! I used a tin of brown lentils and baked them instead of frying and served with a hot tomato chutney. It is a great recipe as it makes a decent amount and you could make big burgers or mini meatballs - very versatile !!
- 500 g beef mince (ground beef lean)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup korma paste (curry)
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 400 g lentils (canned drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (Alfa One)
- mango chutney (hot to serve)
- steamed rice (to serve)
- spring onion (thinly sliced to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mince, egg, garlic, curry paste, onion and lentils in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and mix to combine and then roll level tablespoons of the mix into balls and place on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and cook meatballs, turning for 5 to 7 minutes to until cooked through.
- Serve with chutney, rice and spring onion.
- VARIATIONS - you could use lamb mince instead of beef and lime pickle instead of mango chutney.