Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This simple recipe gives a new "spin" on comfort food! This recipe is adapted from the 1972 cookbook "The Home-Cooking Cookbook" by Natalie G. Sylvester.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approximate, adjust according to beef leanness)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (approximate, adjust to your liking)
- 2 cups raw potatoes, grated
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Shape beef into small balls and brown with the onion in olive oil and butter.
- Add salt, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, curry powder, potato, and coconut to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.