Recipe by Lille
Adapted from a recipe in 125 Best Ground Meat Recipes by Ilana Simon. The kids really liked this one. It is a thick soup and the curry flavour is very mild.
- 4 cups chicken stock (homemade or low-sodium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 4 ounces vermicelli (about 1 1/2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or soup pot over medium-high heat, combine chicken stock, celery soup and 2 teaspoons of the curry powder. Bring to a boil.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, cauliflower and cabbage. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season ground beef with salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon curry powder. Stir in mango chutney. Mix well. Form into 3/4" meatballs.
- Add meatballs to saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered for 25 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
- Add vermicelli. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is cooked.