1/1 Photo of Curried Mashed Cauliflower With Shallots
I can't remember where I got this recipe but it's very good. I just found the recipe so I'm posting since it is unlike the other curried cauliflower recipes posted. To lighten it up, use half and half or light cream instead of heavy cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim cauliflower by removing leaves and core. Break into large flowerets.
- 2Put pieces in a large saucepan and add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cool for 15-20 minutes or until tender but not soft; drain.
- 3Return cauliflower to saucepan. Using the side of a spoon, chop the pieces of cauliflower until they are slightly mashed and look coarse.
- 4Add shallots, curry and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook, stirring until hot.
- 6Stir in butter and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Mashed Cauliflower With Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 107.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g