Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an original. It lends itself to any vege of your choice, however we prefer carrots, garlic, onion, pumpkin and potato, with zuchinni, peas and brocolli. How's that for variety?
- 250 g mahi mahi fillets or 250 g any firm flesh fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large zucchini, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- curry powder, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fish or 2 cups chicken stock
- Cut the Mahi Mahi into bite sized portions and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat oil in a good heavy-based pan.
- Saute onion, garlic and curry powder until aromatic.
- Add all hard vegetables; carrot, potato, pumpkin.
- Add the stock.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until veges are al dente, or just cooked.
- Check and adjust seasoning; more salt or pepper to your taste.
- Add remaining vege and simmer until just done.
- Add fish lastly to prevent over-cooking.
- Serve on a bed of cous-cous or fragrant rice.