Recipe by evelyn/athens
I never would have thought of frying up macaroni to make a snack. This is delicious!
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
I so wanted to like these, but either it's an acquired taste or I did something wrong when I halved the recipe. Normally I like strong tastes but somehow the the spices didn't meld with the macaroni flavor and the salt was overpowering--I even tried salvaging it with sugar and mayo, but the texture (from deepfrying) of the noodles was odd. I might try this combination of seasonings in different proportions to make macaroni salad, though.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked until tender and drained (do not rinse)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread macaroni on a well-oiled baking sheet and let cool, tossing to coat with 1 1/2 tblsps oil.
- Fry in batches for 2 minutes, or until pale-golden, and transfer with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, toss macaroni with sesame oil, add curry mixture and toss well.