1/1 Photo of Curried Lentils with Yogurt
In this easy to prepare side dish, yogurt softens the intensity of curry while allowing the spice to impart its distinct, aromatic flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, heat water, lentils, onion, and 1/2 tsp. salt to boiling over medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, until lentils are tender but not mushy-about 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in medium-size skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add curry and cook 30 seconds.
- 4Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes; stir in yogurt, honey, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 5Drain lentil mixture in strainer; transfer to large serving bowl.
- 6Fold in yogurt mixture, carrot, and parsley.
- 7Just before serving, core apple and thinly slice; gently stir slices into lentil mixture and serve.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentils with Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 500.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g