Recipe by healthy cook girl
Delicious savory dish with some spice! Yuummm!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made recipe as posted, with some adjustments, not many though, I cut the recipe in half, for 3, used brown rice, and omitted the salt, and used a small onion instead of a medium. We all enjoyed this as it was a nice refreshing lunch. Made for ABC tag..
- 1 cup red lentil, washed and soaked
- 4 cups water
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice, spinach, etc (such as kale, spinach, etc) or 1 1⁄2 cups wilted greens (such as kale, spinach, etc)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free Greek yogurt, for garnish
- 6 -8 tablespoons cashews, chopped, for garnish
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer lentils in 3 cups water, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatos, onion, garlic, curry and remaining cup of water and simmer, covered, for 1/2 hour more.
- Add salt and cook 3 minutes more.
- Serve over 1/2 cup rice or wilter greens.
- Garnish with yogurt, cashews, and cilantro.