Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy 3 step recipe adapted from the SproutPeople.
- 236.59 ml lentil sprouts (or sprout mix)
- 118.29 ml chopped parsley
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise or 59.14 ml vegan mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml ketchup or 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml dill weed (or other spice of choice)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 7.39-14.79 ml curry powder
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on top.
- and serve.
I really liked the flavor of this salad. The dressing reminds me Thousand Island, which I hadn't had in a long time, and it really hit the spot today. My sprouts had already developed leaves, but that was fine. Overall the sprouts, parsley, onions and tomatoes along with the dressing just go together very well and I enjoyed this a lot. That said, there was more dressing than I personally needed (I usually am very light on dressings), and the recipe is pretty high calorie (although healthy) for me to eat often. I would want to try reducing the dressing and possibly incorporating other low-cal veggies such as lettuce or peppers to make it filling lower calorie, and hopefully retain the flavor of the original recipe mostly.