Recipe by Sharon123
An easy 3 step recipe adapted from the SproutPeople.
Top Review by MathMom.calif
I really liked the flavor of this salad. The dressing reminds me Thousand Island, which I hadn't had in a long time, and it really hit the spot today. My sprouts had already developed leaves, but that was fine. Overall the sprouts, parsley, onions and tomatoes along with the dressing just go together very well and I enjoyed this a lot. That said, there was more dressing than I personally needed (I usually am very light on dressings), and the recipe is pretty high calorie (although healthy) for me to eat often. I would want to try reducing the dressing and possibly incorporating other low-cal veggies such as lettuce or peppers to make it filling lower calorie, and hopefully retain the flavor of the original recipe mostly.
- 1 cup lentil sprouts (or sprout mix)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed (or other spice of choice)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tomatoes, diced