Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried yet. The recipe comes from a Canadian Dairy pamphlet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 cups finely diced carrots
- 1 cup finely diced potato
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons curry paste or 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 lb plain havarti cheese or 1⁄3 lb jalapeno havarti cheese or 1⁄3 lb canadian havarti cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- In large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes for 3-4 minute.
- Add lentils, stock, milk, and curry. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and simmer over low heat 20-25 minute or until vegetables are soft.
- Puree soup in blender or processor.
- To serve, place cubed cheese in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with coriander.