Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very Tasty and low fat
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup medium hot salsa
- salt and pepper
- crouton, for serving
- Saute carrots, onion and celery in olive oil until soft.
- Add curry powder and garlic and saute 5 minutes more.
- Add chicken stock and water and bring to boil.
- Add lentils and herbs de provence and bring back to boil.
- Add salsa, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour until soup thickens.
- Use an immersion blender to slightly blend soup.
- Serve with croutons and enjoy.