Recipe by L. Duch
This is a wonderful Indian dish I found on another recipe site. I added the lamb and zucchini. I served this with fresh rolls sprinkled with zatar. The lamb could be left out for a delicious vegetarian dish.
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced green onions
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 236.59 ml dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 59.14 ml snipped cilantro
- 118.29 ml sour cream (optional)
- 226.79 g cubed lamb, precooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, green onions, carrots, lentils, ginger, curry powder, cumin and red pepper, zucchini and cooked lamb.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in snipped cilantro; cook for 1 minute more.
- If desired, top each serving with sour cream and garnish with cilantro sprigs.