Recipe by L. Duch
This is a wonderful Indian dish I found on another recipe site. I added the lamb and zucchini. I served this with fresh rolls sprinkled with zatar. The lamb could be left out for a delicious vegetarian dish.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb cubed lamb, precooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, green onions, carrots, lentils, ginger, curry powder, cumin and red pepper, zucchini and cooked lamb.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in snipped cilantro; cook for 1 minute more.
- If desired, top each serving with sour cream and garnish with cilantro sprigs.