Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A spicy soup...just right for a cold winter day!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in curry powder and mx well.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the parsley.
- And simmer covered until cooked through (about 45 minutes).
- Stir in parsley and simmer 5 more minutes.
Quite nice. I used a hot curry and it was great.
Interesting twist on a classic soup. Loved all the flavors. When I made it the second time, I decided to experiment a bit & used beef broth. Also, I added about a tsp of cumin and a couple of squeezes of cilantro from the tube (usually found in the produce section next to the refrigerated salad dressings). Try this soup--you'll put it into your rotation for sure!!
I really enjoyed this soup. However, I made a few adjustments. I used garlic infused olive oil and added 2 more cloves (I LOVE garlic). Also I added a cup or so of carrots, quartered and diced, and 4 medium sized red skin potatoes. And I added an extra half cup of lentils. I substituted chicken stock with veg. broth so it was vegan. This soup was a delight and the curry made it really delicious. However, I wish I didnt put in the parsley.