Recipe by Leah's Kitchen
I love making this soup. After the prep. you can leave it and let it cook until you are ready for lunch or whatever. I usually serve chapatis or pita with this.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was so easy to make. I used Penzey's hot curry powder and their no-salt chicken broth base. This was the first time using garam masala, so I was not sure what taste to be watching for. I guess I'll have to use it in a recipe with fewer ingredients to be able to pick out the flavor. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 lb lentils, rinsed
- 8 cups chicken broth or 8 cups half broth half water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion until golden.
- Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the salt and green onion.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until the soup thickens and lentils and vegetables are soft.
- Add salt when all is cooked and garnish with green onion.