My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils or 1 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 7 cups vegetable stock or 7 cups water
- salt and pepper
- yogurt, as garnish (optional)
- chopped coriander (optional) or parsley, as garnish (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large pot.
- 2Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic; cook 10 minutes until vegetables softened.
- 3Stir in curry powder; cook 2 minutes.
- 4Rinse and drain lentils; stir into vegetable mixture. Add cinnamon, tomatoes and stock.
- 5Bring to a boil; simmer, partially uncovered, 1 hour until lentils are soft.
- 6Remove cinnamon. Add salt and pepper. Puree some of the soup leaving about half chunky.
- 7Garnish with yogurt and chopped herbs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 329.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: