Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Good for a winter's night - from the Super Food Ideas magazine. This soup can be served as is or partially blended.It does thicken up on sitting. I actually thickened mine up with a little cornflour as I prefer a thick soup.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml masala curry paste, use hotter if you like
- 270 ml light coconut cream
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 (800 g) can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- Cook onion in oil till tender.
- Stir in curry paste - cook, stirring till aromatic - about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream - cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils and stock.
- Stir and bring to gentle simmer.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and stir through chopped parsley.
This was really nice soup, hubby & 4 yr old DD both really enjoyed it. I used Balti paste I had on hand with coconut milk as that was what was in the pantry. Blended it up & added a little cream to DD's to mellow the curry for her but hubby & I ate as is. Great stuff, thanks for posting!
Good stuff! I didn't have any curry paste, so I used a combo of curry and garam masala and minced garlic. DH really liked this as well, thanks!
Amazing! I really loved this soup! Not only was it super easy to make, it was very tasty. It is quite hot and spicy and was almost a little too much for me, but I do generally love hot and spicy food. This soup will definitely be made over and over again at my house. There were two things I changed about this soup 1. was adding choppped fresh cilantro instead of parsley because I am not a fan of parsley and 2. I couldn't find a brown onion so I used a white onion. Thanks for a great and easy soup recipe!