Recipe by katew
Good for a winter's night - from the Super Food Ideas magazine. This soup can be served as is or partially blended.It does thicken up on sitting. I actually thickened mine up with a little cornflour as I prefer a thick soup.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was really nice soup, hubby & 4 yr old DD both really enjoyed it. I used Balti paste I had on hand with coconut milk as that was what was in the pantry. Blended it up & added a little cream to DD's to mellow the curry for her but hubby & I ate as is. Great stuff, thanks for posting!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup masala curry paste, use hotter if you like
- 270 ml light coconut cream
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 (400 g) cans brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in oil till tender.
- Stir in curry paste - cook, stirring till aromatic - about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream - cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils and stock.
- Stir and bring to gentle simmer.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and stir through chopped parsley.