Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
If you don't have any red lentils in your store cupboard, use yellow instead. Neither type need presoaking, but don't forget to rinse them and pick out any stones.
Top Review by Kitty Z
I didn't actually make soup, but cut the broth in half to make a lentil side dish. But this is really fantastic and simple to put together, too. We'll definitely be making this again. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 50 g red lentils
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, potato, carrot, celery and curry paste.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add lentils, tomatoes and stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with brown bread.