1/3 Photos of Curried Lentil Patties
This very much reminds me of a recipe that my late father made but like so many of his they were never written down, this one is from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. NOTE - Have not included 30 minutes cooling down time for the lentils or 1 hour chilling time for patties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot (coarsely grated)
- 1 celery rib (finely chopped)
- 1 large zucchini (coarsely grated)
- 90 g cauliflower (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 115 g dried red lentils (1/2 cup rinsed and drained)
- 250 ml low-fat milk (1 cup)
- 80 ml vegetable stock (salt-reduced 1/3 cup)
- 3 slices bread (low-GI processed into crumbs)
- 1 egg (50g lightly whisked)
- 90 g salad leaves (mixed 6 cups)
- 4 tomatoes (egg or romas quartered)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (natural Greek style)
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan on medium and add the carrat, celery, zucchini, cauliflower and garlic and cook stirring occasionally for 4 to5 minutes or until the vegetables soften slightly and then add curry powder and cook stirring for 1 minut and then stir int he lentils.
- 2Add the milk and stock to the pan and cover and bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low and cook covered stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove lid and cook stirring often for 10 minutes or until the lentils are soft and the mixture has thickened.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to cool and then add the breadcrumbs and egg to the lentil mix and mix until well combined.
- 5Shape mixture into 8 patties and put on a large plate and cover and put in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- 6Heat the remaining oil in a large non stick frying pan on medium high and add the patties and cook in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and light golden.
- 7Divide the salad leaves and tomato between plates and add patties and top with the yoghurt and chutney to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil Patties
Serving Size: 1 (1007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 373.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.1 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: