Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to prepare using the grater attachment on our food processor. Makes two loaves - eat one and freeze the other. Can be eaten cold the next day with salad. Any combination of suitable vegetables can be used but I would always make sure I used potato and at least one of pumpkin, carrot or sweet potato. Just play with the combinations to make up the measured cup amounts.
- 1 cup pumpkin, grated
- 1 cup sweet potato, grated
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup brown lentils, cooked
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between two oiled loaf tins and press firmly, even the top.
- Decorate each loaf with your choice of thinly sliced vegetable e.g. zucchini, tomato, capsicum.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the tops.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30-45 minutes.