Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Tonight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 9.85 ml seeded minced jalapenos
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 709.77 ml low sodium vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 236.59 ml cubed red potatoes
- 118.29 ml brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 236.59 ml frozen chopped spinach
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml milk
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Saute onion, curry powder, and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 2Cook until onion begins to brown, 5-8 minutes.
- 3Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes, lentils, and bay leaf; decrease heat and simmer until lentils are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- 4Stir in frozen spinach and lime juice; season to taste with salt.
- 5Blend eggs, milk, and parsley in a pie plate.
- 6Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 7Dip both sides of a tortilla into egg mixture, then fry in 1-2 teaspoons of the remaining oil until golden, about 1 minute; flip tortilla, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, and continue frying until second side is brown, about 1 minute.
- 8Remove tortilla from heat; assemble with 3/4 cup lentil filling; roll up burrito-style.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 423.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth