Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Tonight
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons seeded minced jalapenos
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup cubed red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Saute onion, curry powder, and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook until onion begins to brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes, lentils, and bay leaf; decrease heat and simmer until lentils are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in frozen spinach and lime juice; season to taste with salt.
- Blend eggs, milk, and parsley in a pie plate.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Dip both sides of a tortilla into egg mixture, then fry in 1-2 teaspoons of the remaining oil until golden, about 1 minute; flip tortilla, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, and continue frying until second side is brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove tortilla from heat; assemble with 3/4 cup lentil filling; roll up burrito-style.