Recipe by katew
Adapted fron a 2007 issue of Super Food Ideas - great winter warmer.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Oh my my my - this one is going in my favorite recipes of 2010! Instead of doing this on the stove, I threw everything into crockpot (except olive oil), subbing 2T tomato paste in place of a tomato. I really loved the flavors of the veggies and curry combined with the sweet apples. YUM!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.78 ml curry powder, I use mild
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml dry green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 red apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1000.0 ml stock, i use vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add curry powder and vegetables.
- Cook for 4 or 5 minutes till aromatic.
- Add lentils, apple, tomato and stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve when mixture is thickened and lentils are tender.