1/4 Photos of Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Adapted fron a 2007 issue of Super Food Ideas - great winter warmer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, I use mild
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 red apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 liter stock, i use vegetable stock
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan.
- 2Add curry powder and vegetables.
- 3Cook for 4 or 5 minutes till aromatic.
- 4Add lentils, apple, tomato and stock.
- 5Bring to boil and simmer for 50 minutes.
- 6Stir occasionally.
- 7Serve when mixture is thickened and lentils are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: