Adapted fron a 2007 issue of Super Food Ideas - great winter warmer.
Make and share this Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, I use mild
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 red apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 liter stock, i use vegetable stock
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add curry powder and vegetables.
- Cook for 4 or 5 minutes till aromatic.
- Add lentils, apple, tomato and stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve when mixture is thickened and lentils are tender.