1/1 Photo of Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup
A great easy soup, that's packed full of protein and vitamins. Economical to make. To make it gluten free ensure your stock and curry powder are labeled as gluten free. The quality of the stock and vegetables used in this dish will make all the difference to the taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder or 1 1/2 teaspoons asian curry paste
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup dried red lentils, thoroughly rinsed with water and drained
- 125 g broccoli
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add onion and fry over a gentle heat until the onion has softened and is clear in colour.
- 2Increase the heat and add the curry powder or paste and stir for 2 min to release the fragrance. Add the stock and tomato paste bring to the boil and reduce heat.
- 3Add the lentils, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add all of the vegetables and simmer covered for a further 15 min till vegetables are tender.
- 5Serve sprinkled with some chopped basil or parsley, or some grated parmesan cheese, or a swirl or sour cream or yogurt.
- 6For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: