Recipe by Kbakerbio
Found this health recipe full of healthy ingredients and thought I'd post it.
Top Review by kit in NO
This is a tasty soup! I modified it a bit. I added 1 tbs of garam masala, increased the pepper flakes to 1/2 tsp, and substituted a package of frozen chopped spinach. I sauteed the veggies and seasoning and then added everything to a crockpot which had the water (+2 morga veg bouillion cubes) and cooked it on high for about 6 hours. I used brown lentils, because the recipe didn't specify which kind of lentils and that's what I had on hand. I thought it needed more salt so I added about 1/2 tsp at the end.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- 236.59 ml celery
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.23 ml dry crushed red pepper
- 2247.60 ml water
- 591.47 ml dried lentils
- 170.09 g bag baby spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy pot and sooknext four ingredients until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in all spices and add water and lentils.
- Reduce heat and cook until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cilantro and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of yogurt.