Found this health recipe full of healthy ingredients and thought I'd post it.
Make and share this Curried Lentil and Spinach Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 9 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried lentils
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Heat oil in heavy pot and sooknext four ingredients until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in all spices and add water and lentils.
- Reduce heat and cook until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cilantro and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of yogurt.