1/1 Photo of Curried Lentil and Spinach Soup
Found this health recipe full of healthy ingredients and thought I'd post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 9 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1Heat oil in heavy pot and sooknext four ingredients until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in all spices and add water and lentils.
- 3Reduce heat and cook until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes.
- 4Add the spinach and cilantro and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve topped with a spoonful of yogurt.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil and Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 23.1 g