Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Traditional roasted parsnips and potatoes work well with this spicy Xmas dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, flinely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 100 g red lentils
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 50 g peanuts, toasted
- 450 g fresh spinach
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 375 g ready made puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 220C.
- Heat oil and cook onion for 5 minutes Add carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes Stir in curry paste.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, stock and seasoning (if desired)Simmer for 20 mins and leave to cool. Stir in chutney and peanuts.
- Wash the spinach and place in a pan cook in the dry pan until wilted, drain and cool.
- Chop spinach roughly and mix with feta.
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch square and keep any trimmings.
- Cut in half and place half the pastry on a greased baking tray.
- Spoon a third of the mix on the pastry leaving a gap of 1 inch around the sides.
- Place 1/2 the spinach next, followed by another third lentil, rest of spinach and rest of lentils.
- Run a lattice cutter over the remaining half of the pastry leaving and inch border.
- Lift the lattice onto the filling and gently strech until the two pastry borders.
- Use the trimmings to make star shapes to decorate.
- Bake on the top shelf for 20 mins until golden.
- rest for 10 mins before serving.
- Once cold this can be wrapped in foil and frozen for upto 1 month.